Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alan Watts & Practical Thinking


Alan Watts
, through the medium of old paperbacks, and recordings of his talks, tells me that I am something that the whole world is doing, in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing; that I am from the Earth, of the Earth, not a foreign invader from outer space; that to be here now is the best that I can do. And other good happy jazz like that . . .

Yet what the hell has that got to do with the high price of coffee? Or with paying child support? Or with paying the rent? It doesn't solve those problems; but it does include them. I am the experience of being me. Sometimes that experience is painful. I experience lack and limitation and difficulty, insecurity and confusion. Sometimes. And sometimes I am joyful and sometimes I am quietly happy. Sense of peaceful joy . . .

Alan Watts gives me a cosmology I can believe in. For what it's worth (or not) it's true. True enough, anyway.

No comments:

Digg

Chairman Meow!

Machiavelli "The Prince" Chapter XX part 5 Wordcloud

Wordle: Machiavelli "The Prince" Ch. 20

Title Generator

Random Title Generator by Maygra (based on a design by Jellyn)

Random Title Generator

If this generates a title of a book or short story already in existence, I assure you, it was completely random. If it generates a title you'd like to use, go right ahead! A word of thanks to those people who have created Javascript tutorials or put sample scripts up for people like me to see and learn from. (NOTE: There are a lot of words in this, some adult in nature. Just words, folks!)

Title 1:
Title 2:
Title 3:
Title 4:
Title 5:
Title 6:

Site Meter

Map!

Tip Jar

My Amazon.com Wish List